seeing the world

We are heading out into the world, to sense it and let it sense us. "Seeing" is not just visual, it is a dynamic comprehension of the stuff that happens in and around us. We hope to give you an interpretation of what we are feeling, hearing, seeing, tasting and smelling.

My Photo
Name:

She is a bear. He is a squid.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Lee Ranaldo [Shan]

says, in this Seville arts magazine, "It´s easy to see clearly while traveling because so many of the mundane aspects of day-to-day living fall away and leave you free to contemplate larger issues -- such as where one fits in the world, where ´home´is, what values are important, etc."

While this is true, the values part, I find that traveling makes the mundane aspects bigger, into an adventure every day, because we have to figure out where we are, how it´s done here and how to say it in another language. This excites me, and it´s tiring, and I look forward to being somewhere for awhile. The country is of course easier than cities, and we will be camping soon. No matter where I am, if it´s different than what I´m used to, I can´t help asking: What is family? Where is home? How can people get along better? And the neverending: How do things work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home