seeing the world

We are heading out into the world, to sense it and let it sense us. "Seeing" is not just visual, it is a dynamic comprehension of the stuff that happens in and around us. We hope to give you an interpretation of what we are feeling, hearing, seeing, tasting and smelling.

My Photo
Name:

She is a bear. He is a squid.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Greece without a map [Shannon}

We headed into Greece without a guidebook. It's this excellent sort of anxiety that feels like freedom, or reality, instead of a half-life of assumed preknowlege when I think I "know" what's there. We were expecting water on the left side of the train, but it was on the right, evern though Jon's fun empirical watch says we're traveling southeast. I imagined we might be on a peninsula, and soon we would join the mainland and see water on the left. Then we did. It happened that way. Did I sense the landscape for what it is, rather than compare it to a virtual reality of a map? Always an interesting dissonance anyway. Or do I remember a map of Grece I once looked at? Do we ever really experience only the reality in front of us? Anyway I can't look at this land without seeing a million stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home