seeing the world

We are heading out into the world, to sense it and let it sense us. "Seeing" is not just visual, it is a dynamic comprehension of the stuff that happens in and around us. We hope to give you an interpretation of what we are feeling, hearing, seeing, tasting and smelling.

My Photo
Name:

She is a bear. He is a squid.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

off topic (Jonathan)

The Manzanita (Spoken in the voice of John Wayne)

Bein´out in this country I get to feelin´ like sayin´ the word manzanita. Manzanita, gives a man pause to think about what he has in his life, and the small simple pleasures of a gallon of manzanita by his side. Yes sir, nothing like manzanita to get the old heart pumpin´. Out here in the arroyo, y´know, samplin the simple pleasures of life, manzanita is a necessity, a kind of life force that ya just can´t do without. Manzanita, cool sweet manzanita, like a waterfall only more drier like. A dry pokey little waterfall with all kind o´needles stickin´ out of it. I was trudgin up the A456 t´other day with my compadre and it got all hot and dry and I said to myself "What does a man have to do around here to get hisself a tankard of that manzanita?" Then I said it right out loud. "We won´t last ´til sundown without some life givin´ manzanita." Maybe I was overstatin´ it a bit but you know how I get about my manzanita...

Jonathan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home