seeing the world

We are heading out into the world, to sense it and let it sense us. "Seeing" is not just visual, it is a dynamic comprehension of the stuff that happens in and around us. We hope to give you an interpretation of what we are feeling, hearing, seeing, tasting and smelling.

My Photo
Name:

She is a bear. He is a squid.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Baleee [Shan]

man, I love Bali.

We're staying at Claire's house. She's a friend of Rosy, smoke the pipe! So we have this giant house in Nyung Kuning, a small traditional villeage near Ubud. There are rice paddies outside our window, flowering trees in the garden, fishponds and a zillion stautues of frogs and lizards and spiders and the Balinese creatuers like Garuda and Barong. My dad would love it.

The beaches are about 2 hours away in any direction, but it's cooler i the mountains, and anyway, we have a motorbike. The family is taking good care of us. They are in the Hindu priestly caste, making flower offerings and singing all day long. Lots of wild birds and fruits. I've had 5 fruits already that I'd never seen before. Dinner is $2-3 dollars and we had a massage and flower petal bath for about $11. It's impossible to have a bad time here. The hard part wil be leaving.

I'm gonna write some stuff I forgot to say about Nepal, and we'll post more pictures soon. It's my father's birthday today. Happy Birthday, Phil. Eat a cheeseburger. Grandma says make it a double.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Channon! I love reading your posts and have been wanting to write back, but never set aside the time to set up a blog. Thanks! for the postcards, never got one form Nepal before. The description of your bath with the elephant was amazing, sounds scary and fun at the same time. I am so enjoying your trip!! Sorry to hear about Jon's dad, it seems like so many dad's have died recently. I have another friend who lost her dad two weeks ago.... peace to all, including our papacitos. I know that Phil is there with you, so happy that you are living life. I am envious that you are in such a spiritual land, the fact that little kids are saying namaste makes me feel hopeful. It must feel incredible and I can just smell the mangoes and the champa... Enjoy: live every moment, take in every breath with ecstasy, eat delectable food, make delicious love.... write beautiful words, I am looking forward, muchos besos, y amor, frances monica

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home